Here you will find resources to help promote Regenerative Culture through XR. For an introduction to regenerative culture watch this short video.
We are still developing this page so information is prioritised to action and post-action wellbeing. There are further resources on our basecamp. You can contact us on XR-LongtermWellbeing@protonmail.com to request access.
Rebellion Week is a declaration that we will not allow the degenerative dominant culture to persistently mine/deplete us and the earth and in it's wake we are planting the seeds of a Regenerative, Nourishing Culture!
To support us rebels in whatever emerges throughout the week you should have already received the Action Wellbeing pack. You will also find a Post-Action Wellbeing pack that we hope will be of benefit to supporting each other after any actions.
Furthermore we are holding three types of online spaces throughout and after Rebellion Week:
- The Skill of Brokenheartedness in the wake of XR - for those of you stirred, bereft, lost, angry, longing, unsettled, heartbroken, raw, unsure ~ join us a while....sit with others - albeit it 'online', kindred company awaits as we bear faithful witness together, knowing it could be no different and proceeding as if needed ~ an honoured welcome awaits hearts and tears, words, silence...all that is there. Facebook event and event times here.
- Post-Action Debrief and talking circles - This is to provide safe space for honest expression of our emotions, to connect with each other, and respond to our needs Join the facebook event which we will update with the times each week. This will be an ongoing and evolving space that will respond to whatever emerges over time. We are looking for facilitators to help hold the space, if this is something that interests you please contact us at XR-LongtermWellbeing@protonmail.com.
- Debrief and mutual support for local Regen Culture coords/supporters - Space for us to come together and reflect on our experiences and support each other with our shared wisdom and skills - particularly during and after Rebellion Week. Facebook event and schedule.
Action Wellbeing Resources
A load of useful Action Regenerative Culture resources can be found online at http://tinyurl.com/XRActionRegen
Here you will find:
- Action wellbeing checklists
- Tips on how to support your own wellbeing and the wellbeing of your affinity group
- Post-action Check-in and debrief guide
- Self-soothing techniques
- Useful contacts
- De-escalation techniques
Post-Action Wellbeing Resources
Post-Action Wellbeing resources can be found at http://tinyurl.com/XR-PostActionRegen
Here you will find suggestions on how to support your own wellbeing and that of your local/affinity/working group:
- Advice on holding talking circles
- Buddy guide
- Burnout and post-arrest support
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Regional and National support networks for rebels, buddies and regen coordinators
Children and Young People
If you are interested in promoting regenerative culture amongst children and young people we will be putting some resources in this space in the next few weeks.
XR Youth have a regenerative culture team who you can contact for more support and ideas. Email address: XRYouth.Regen@gmail.com
It is everybody's responsibility to safeguard children and vulnerable adults. If you see something that worries you, trust your instincts and report it immediately to our safeguarding lead by emailing XR-Safeguarding@protonmail.com who will ensure the information is acted upon quickly and sensitively according to XR's safeguarding policy.
Before communicating with the young person or vulnerable adult:
- Make sure that you are in a public space with other people present to see the disclosure of information.
- Inform them that you may have to talk to someone else, the safeguarding lead, about what they tell you.
Alongside reporting to the safeguarding lead, you can find more information concerning the welfare of children below:
- NSPCC Helpline: 0808 800 5000
- Childline: 0800 1111
Report safeguarding issues to XR-Safeguarding@protonmail.com