18 April 2020
14:00 - 17:00
St Mary’s Welcome Centre, 8 Church End, E17 9RH
Extinction Rebellion Waltham Forest - Events and Announcements
Want to know how to calm tense or aggressive situations at the Rebellion or other XR actions?
Learn how to nonviolently de-escalate crowds and individuals including:
– Rebels losing their self-discipline.
– Disrupted members of the public who are angry or upset.
– Super-anxious security guards.
– Aggressive police.
The session will include tips and group work, covering:
– What nonviolence means in XR.
– Naming, claiming and framing nonviolence.
– Taking the initiative to act as a de-escalator.
– De-escalation tactics.
– Groups of people who need specific responses.