07 October 2019
18 October 2019
Victoria Tower Gardens, London, SW1P 4, United Kingdom
Doctors for Extinction Rebellion
As health professionals concerned about the climate crisis, this October we are hosting the ‘Planetary Health Hub’ to bring together health professionals and concerned individuals who want to inform and act specifically around the health impacts of climate change.
The planetary health hub will host a number of events and perform a number of functions:
• A first port-of-call for health professionals interested in finding out more on health and the climate crisis, Extinction Rebellion, and how to get involved.
• Programme of talks and workshops on Health and the Climate Crisis, NHS sustainability, and more – check back here for timetable!
• ‘Climate Clinics’: come and speak to a health professional about climate change.
• ‘Climate Anxiety’: group sessions on managing and responding to fears around the climate crisis.
• ‘Media links’: utilising the scientific background and community orientation of health professionals to talk on the climate crisis in the media.
• ‘Roaming Medics’: setting up sites to talk to the public about health, climate and XR.
• First Aid support to the XR community.
• Anything else you may want it to be!
Extinction Rebellion’s (XR) October Rebellion is running from 7 – 18 October 2019. This will involve a ‘Movement of Movements’ allowing different groups and interests to express their particular climate demands on the government, industry and to the public.
Victoria Tower Gardens, as part of the Global Justice Rebellion site. As frontline professionals aware of how the health impacts of climate change will impact the poorest, and the poorest in the poorest countries the most, we are joining with other groups on the frontline of the environmental crisis to send a strong message for rapid action to mitigate the worst health impacts of climate change.
“If not you, then who? If not now, then when?”
The Planetary Health Hub is being hosted by a number of different groups, including Doctors for Extinction Rebellion, XR Brighton and Extinction Rebellion Health Workers, and with input from XR Connecting Communities and XR Psychologists among others!
*Sounds great! How do I get involved?*
Come on down to the rebellion, speak to someone at the tent, and if you like – sign up for a Climate Clinic (we’ll have guidance on site), chat to members of the public, or help with First Aid.
If you or somebody would like to speak or host a workshop, please fill in this GoogleForm with your expression of interest: https://forms.gle/JPXKDW4QUvAG7vgE7
The programme of events will be posted up soon!
If you’d like to get more involved in the run up to the event, join our Facebook and message an admin for how to get onto the organising platform: https://www.facebook.com/groups/443895649696618/